About this course
REST is an architectural style that tackles the challenges of building scalable web services. In today’s connected world, APIs have taken a central role on the web. APIs provide the fabric through which systems interact, and REST has become a common style for APIs. The depth, breadth, and ease of use of ASP.NET Coremake it a breeze for developers to work with it to build robust Web APIs. This video course takes you through designing RESTful web services and leverages the ASP.NET Core to implement these services.
Starting from the basic philosophy behind REST, you’ll go through the first steps of designing and implementing an enterprise-grade RESTful web service. Taking a practical approach, each chapter provides code samples that you can apply to your own circumstances. It brings forth the power of the latest .NET Core release, working with ASP.NET Core. It then goes beyond the use of the framework to explore approaches to tackling resilience, security, and scalability concerns.
You will start with the basics of REST and end with building a .NET Application for your RESTful web service.
About The Author :
Fabian Gosebrink is a Software Engineer, Microsoft MVP, Microsoft Technology Ambassador and Microsoft Certified Specialist in web application development as well as a trainer and international speaker.
What you’ll learn
- Explore basic REST principles
- Build an ASP .NET core project using Visual Studio 2017
- Work with different environments such as development and production
- Implement a service interface to read, manipulate, and delete data
- Extend API functionality with more features
- Deploy the WebAPI
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
- To make the best use of the code samples included in the video, you should have a basic knowledge of C# and .NET Core.
Who this course is for:
- This video is intended for those who want to learn to build RESTful web services with the latest .NET Core Version.